Friday, September 24, 2010

A Good Cry

I have that feeling, I need a good cry. I don't want it to happen, but it is going to, and I am not going to be able to stop it.

I went to the Dr. today with high hopes of getting a clean bill of health. Instead, I found out that the main break in my leg is not healing as quickly as the Dr. hoped. The fracture is not mending and it was not a happy visit. My ankle break is healed up, so my Dr.'s advice is to put as much weight on it as I can stand without "gritting my teeth in pain". This might cause the fracture to push back together and begin to mend. Please pray with me that this will be the case, the alternative is just plain yucky, and I don't want to talk about it.

I was in the kitchen yesterday, and the calendar has a big VACATION written across this up-coming week. You see we had plans to take our family on vacation to Gatlinburg, TN, which of course has been canceled.

My mama is coming on October 15th, and it is right in the middle of the Craft Fairs which are huge here in this area, and I had hopes of driving, and being able to walk around with her all day.

We're kicking off a new children's program at church and I am the teacher, and I was hoping to stand to teach those sweet little ones.

Okay, so there are some of the reasons I want to just cry.

I know I have many blessings in my life that I can be thankful for, and I know God is in control, and I know He has my best in His plans.

I just think His plans for me include a good cry.

3 comments:

  1. When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears, and rescues them from all their troubles. (Psalm 34:17)

    Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe. I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings. (Psalm 61:1-4)

    The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them. (Psalm 145: 18-19)

    For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who in every respect has been tested as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore approach the throne of grace with boldness, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. (Hebrews 4:16)

    When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears, and rescues them from all their troubles. The Lord is near to the brokenhearted, and saves the crushed in spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord rescues them from them all. (Psalm 34:17-19)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dear MissHeather,
    You can have a good cry if you want to! I know you don't want to but God will hear you and comfort you.

    “Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour…” – Isaiah 43:1-3 KJV

    “Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.” 1 Peter 5:7

    God won’t abandon you. You are a child of God, created by God, secured, accepted, and valued by God. You have direct access to God’s throne of grace. Nothing can separate us from God’s love. God will never abandon you

    “The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
    He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters.
    He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness
    For His name’s sake.

    I am so sorry Miss Heather that you are having to go through this. My heart aches for you. You just stay strong and before you know it your leg will be good as new. I love you girl and I will continue to pray for complete healing.

    Love and prayers,
    Mary Lou

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your injuries! Praying for a perfect healing!

    ReplyDelete