Thursday, August 26, 2010

Perspective


So, here's the new cast. The picture doesn't do it justice. It is Florida Gator colors, and I think it's pretty awesome! I had been dreading yesterday's appt. all week. The last one was very painful and this one was guaranteed to be bad also. It's not like you can tell yourself it's not going to hurt when the nurse tells you that each staple will feel similar to having a bee sting and you have 18 staples. Then she informs you that a few will be worse than that!

Well she didn't lie! It was painful, and having the new cast put on was the most pain I have been in to date.

Now for the perspective. As God always does, He showed up yesterday morning.

First, I have to say that dreading & worrying are two different things for me. Yes, I was dreading the appt. but, I did not lose sleep or make my family miserable this last week. (Those for me are sure signs of worry) I constantly asked the Lord to help me through, and relied on Him, knowing that He never asks us to go through more than we can handle.

On the way to the appt., I was sitting in my middle seat listening to the radio. The Jeremy Camp song, This Man, came on. Here is the first verse and chorus.

In only a moment truth
Was seen revealed this mystery
The crown that showed no dignity He wore
And the king was placed for all the world
To show disgrace but only beauty flowed from this place

Would you take the place of this man
Would you take the nails from his hands
Would you take the place of this man
Would you take the nails from his hands

I was overwhelmed with love for my Savior. I thought about how I dreaded the pain of that visit for one week. I knew that I would hurt, but it would only be about 30 minutes tops. I wouldn't be giving my life, suffering agony, humiliation, separation from my Father, and ultimately death.

Wow, put like that a few bee stings are like nothing aren't they?! To further His point, God allowed a man who I am assuming had been in a terrible car accident to be sitting exactly in my spot when J pushed me into the waiting room. He had casts on both legs and one arm. It made me think that although this has been very hard, really it could be so much worse. Then...after my appt. we were walking through W-Mart and a lady walked up to me, she was limping and using a cane, she said that it had been 4 years since her accident. She had broken both of her legs and it was obvious she would never be the same.

I am expected to make a full recovery.

I am grateful!

Blessings!

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully said by a beautiful lady. I love you, Mary Lou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Excellent point! I watched a documentary about Christopher Reeves last week and I actually thought of you and how glad I was that you were so much better off. Maybe I should have told you about that. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm shocked!!! Where is the Maize and Blue!!! My daubers are down, down, down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the first day I've been over to your blog this week, sorry, I saw the staples and feel that I should have dropped everything and got up there. Man, I'm kicking myself, again........Love you Doods.

    ReplyDelete