Saturday, April 24, 2010

Unnecessary Bondage

God wanted to thump me on the head this morning, and I thought I would share the lesson with you. I was working in the kitchen peeling and chopping apples for a salad, and my mind was wandering. I began thinking about how scared I am to go back to the city where the affair happened. It is only about 25 minutes from me and would be convenient for several things, but I have refused to go back. (I can barely drive by on the highway without anger & tears surfacing)

Anyway, I was thinking about how I feel in bondage to this fear. Meanwhile, Missi was scratching at the front door to be let in. It is a rainy morning, and I was putting it off because I would have to dry her off. I got my cutting done and went to let her in. While I was drying her off, I undid the leash. I finished drying her and walked away. She would normally follow me wherever I was going, but this time she just continued to sit on the towel. I walked into the kitchen and called her and then went back to work. I checked a few minutes later, and she was still just sitting there. I tried to bribe her off the towel with her favorite bear and she wouldn't budge. It was then that I saw the lesson, that leash was lying there beside her, she was free, but had no idea. I decided to take her picture. (look closely and you'll see the leash laying by her) Then I called the kids in, they continued to try to get her to come, she had to be picked up by Karlee and moved before she would realize she is free!

How many of us are sitting in bondage to something God has freed us of?

II Corinthians 10:4-5 "For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ."

6 comments:

  1. Awesome analogy! I believe that when you are ready to go back there if you make enough good memories with family and friends there that it will become easier. And when you do go there you hold your head up high. You are JD's princess and God's precious child and there are a whole slew of people who love you and support you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm feeling unnecessarily bonded to this post. ;) jk

    ReplyDelete
  4. HK,

    When my kids are frightened of something, I have to make them face it. As hard hearted as that may seem, when they at last attempt what held them in fear, they find it wasn't anything to be frightened of to begin with.

    Perhaps you need to plan a trip with your girl friends to go to that city for lunch and a shopping date or nails or whatever. When you go with a "distraction" it will be easier to face. And then when you get there it is likely you will realize, it is just a place. What frightens you about that place has long since been forgotten and forgiven and there is nothing to hold you prisoner.

    Once you reach that point, it will be time to go there with your hubby for a special date to start to build your own good memories.

    Just a thought,

    Kat

    ReplyDelete