Monday, April 19, 2010

Revival

Here are some lessons I have been learning the last few weeks. Revival is not an event. It does not start on Sunday morning and run through Wednesday night. It is an action that takes place in our hearts.

For me, revival started the first week our church met in one of our member's home, the 16 of us bowed our heads and poured out our requests to the Lord together. Hearing my sisters & brothers ask for brokenness and healing, started the conviction in my own heart. I have been wrestling with a personal sin for a couple of months now. I would ask the Lord to remove it. I was expecting Him to do something about the situation. I knew I had the sin, I was sorry I had the sin, and I wanted God to remove it WITHOUT surrendering my heart to Him. I wanted the sin amputated, and I did not want to have to go to the hospital or cooperate in any way to have the surgery done.

Our time of meetings this week was set up just for the church body, I am not saying that visitors were not welcome, only that it was supposed to be a time of getting our hearts right and ready for the next big thing God has in store for us. It was not a pack the pews and see how many people are saved event.

I find myself feeling like a limp dishrag so far this week. It is over, and I gave myself physically, having a lot of company and such, but more importantly emotionally, allowing God to speak directly to me, piercing my heart with His two-edged sword. (Hebrews 4:12)

Witnessing the new enthusiasm in my church family, I am so excited to see what God is going to do in us and through us!

Would you like to share your last personal revival experience in the comments? I would love to hear your experience!

Blessings,

1 comment: