Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Question

One of our Youth Leaders asked the question, "How does uncompromising faith in God make life "worth it"?"

This was my answer:

God has brought me through many storms since I have been a christian. During this time my faith has been building to what it is today, although I am sure I will learn many more lessons before I die, I am at a place in my walk with the Lord where I can honestly say that I trust Him and His decisions for my life. When I was a young christian, J.D. & I went through a very hard couple of years where everything seemed against us. Our babies were fussy or sick so we weren't getting much sleep, J.D. had a strange illness that caused him a lot of pain and me a lot of work to keep up with the house and kids alone, then we had a huge amount of Dr. bills which almost drove us to court, during this time God was working on me and teaching me that He alone is in control. That I can trust Him even in the midst of the worst times of my life. What I also learned is that with the faith I have in God, I have enough. Even when I thought I couldn't go on, He was right there beside me carrying me through. I had enough love, support, peace, and comfort.

If I did not have my faith, life would be miserable! I would say that uncompromising faith in God is not only "worth it" but it is the only way to have joy in our lives!!!

How would you answer the question?

4 comments:

  1. Heather Kay,

    I think you hit the nail right on the head. I have gone through some trials that seem unbelievable to me since I was saved. And yet, seeing the Lord work through them and knowing I could lean on Him, and knowing that He would be glorified in them, made it all worth it. Knowing that in everything I do I have an opportunity to enlarge and enrich His kingdom and that at the end of it all I can look at His face... what more can any mere mortal ask for???

    It seems so simple to me, I can not imagine how there are people who do not believe. Because without it... it is all worthless, pointless and just hopeless suffering.

    Hugs, my friend.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a good job.

    How would I answer it?
    When I've been through tough times, my faith in God carried me through. If there isn't a God that cares and loves me and has an ultimate purpose for my life, why not end it? Why keep up with life?

    When I look at people who have fought for their lives after being in captivity or attacked, it makes me realize there is something worth living for, something worth fighting for.

    And when I look back at my life, at the struggles, I realize that if I had to go through certain struggles to get where I needed to be. For example, if I hadn't been laid off, I wouldn't have met my husband. If we hadn't gone through infertility, we wouldn't have our adopted son who is the light of my life. But if his birth mom hadn't gone through the hell she did, we wouldn't have our son either. God has a greater plan of making it all work out to His glory and that is what sustains me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new look for your blog!! Sorry I never answered your question. I'm not much of a philosopher. I just can't imagine my life without my faith in God! It would be very bleak.

    ReplyDelete