Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pounded

My family has been pounded! If you asked me what that was 2 weeks ago, I would have said I have heard of it but I'm not really sure. I had never had the opportunity to pound or be pounded before.

So what is it? Our new church family pounded us with gifts in the form of groceries. On Sunday, J, the kids, and I took a load of stuff to the parsonage and when I walked in there were bags of groceries all over the counters! There were vegetables, baking supplies, canned goods (I can't wait to try all the different homemade jellies and canned garden tomatoes), paper towels & toilet paper, garbage bags, newly picked apples, fresh butchered ground beef from someone's farm, and farm fresh eggs in the fridge. Then yesterday there were two more bags in J's office. Guess what someone did? They had read through my blog and found a couple of my favorite recipes and bought the ingredients to make them! I can make my favorite beans and yummy chocolate cherry cake the week I move in!

My children were even pounded with a $10 Wal-Mart gift card each. What a great way to make us all feel welcome!

Here is the perfect verse for this season in my life~

Ezekiel 34:26
I will make them and the places all around MY Hill a blessing; and I will cause showers to come down in their season; there shall be showers of blessing.

I love this because our little church sits on a beautiful hill. I pray that we will see His showers of blessings on that hill many times over.

(I hope I am not the only one that is going to sing Showers of Blessings all day now)

1 comment: