Monday, September 28, 2009

Vacation Day 7

Okay, so today is Monday and day 7 of vacation was Saturday. Saturday, we went to the Royal Gorge in Canon City, CO. It was one of the most beautiful places we went. It was also the best coupon deal of the week. The regular admission to the park was $24 per adult, $19 per child. I bought a pass for 4 for $31. A savings of $55!! When you are in the park all of the rides are free except for the sky coaster. I am going to let the pictures speak for themselves!



A view from the bridge...I was very nervous up there!
Click to enlarge this to read the sign
These men were working on the bridge...this gave me THAT feeling in the pit of my stomach!
This is what was below those men! UGH!


Karlee was very brave this day, she still really didn't feel that great.


This is an incline railroad that takes you straight down to the bottom of the gorge.
A view from the bottom.
Eli was dying to go on this sky tram...there is no way I would ever get on there. J took him and they said it was fun.
A view from the sky tram.
Looking up at the bridge from the bottom of the gorge.


On the way back to the hotel there were 2 serious accidents on the other side of the highway. The traffic was backed up over there for miles. I felt very blessed to be on the side that was moving but also it reminded me to thank the Lord for giving us safety the whole week.

Yesterday, we drove home. It was a 12 hour drive, which is long, but the kids were great and the roads were clear. It is good to be back home. I have been unpacking and doing a ton of laundry today.

Thanks for going along on our vacation with us!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Looks like you guys had a blast. I'm REALLY glad I wasn't there. That was an awesome deal on the tickets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you all had such a nice time together. We always love road trips. The kids think nothing of 12 hours in the car in one shot. The other day Nathaniel asked if we could drive to South Dakota (22 hours from our house).

    What an amazing deal you got! The heights make me queasy, too. I have never and don't anticipate that I will ever, like heights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Heather,

    I came over from Kat’s blog to this spectacular adventure ☺…great photos! I am like you, being way high like that makes my very nervous, especially with children.

    I LOVE road trips; We spent may hours driving when I was a child, but my husband does not like to drive more than 8 hour in a day…my children, with the exception of my oldest, are not good for much more than that – I think that they are a bunch of softies in this area.

    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete