Monday, September 21, 2009

Vacation Day 2

Today we woke up to COLD weather. When we were getting ready for this trip the Weather Channel was predicting sunny skies and 70's this week. Then the day before we left they changed it to a cold front coming in. Sure enough, the cold front is here! When we left the hotel the rain was changing to snow.

We were prepared with some inside things to do today. First we went to the Air Force Academy. That was a really neat experience. The kids both really enjoyed it. This is a great free activity for the whole family.

Getting ready to leave, if you click on the picture and enlarge it you can see the snow.
Air Force Academy Entrance


Enlarge this, Eli is proud to be flying his sissy.
KK wearing the Falcons' colors

The chapel, the snow was coming down like a blizzard when we walked to this, it was really beautiful. I would love to be there for a worship service!
A nice man offered to take our picture, the quality isn't that great but here we are.
The mountains now have snow caps!

After lunch we went Glow Golfing. This was a lot of fun. This was one of my great coupon deals. The four of us had unlimited golf for $10.

After golfing we stopped by the biggest antique mall in Colorado Springs. They are not lying, it is huge! I could spend the next 4 days in there and maybe see it all. We will stop back in again sometime this week. All I bought were a few magazines for .35. I like to read myself to sleep and I forgot to bring a book. So some old Good Housekeeping magazines should put me to sleep nicely.

We are off to the pool!

3 comments:

  1. It turned chilly here too. Only we got thunderstorms instead of snow. I'm jealous. Good thinking having inside activities lined up. Sounds like you and I could do some damage in that antique mall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, DW says, "Life is very dull around here without Hayee." :-)

    Don't forget to make a list of all these deals you are using so you can make a post about it later. I find that part very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Day 2 looks like it was fun too!

    ReplyDelete