Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Cookie Jar

As I mentioned before, I have been looking for a vintage cookie jar for my kitchen. I don't really have a theme in my kitchen. I have a lot of turquoise and some red accents but I kind've wanted to spice it up a bit. I have been to many antique malls and browsing ebay and I finally found the cookie jar I wanted. I love elves/dwarfs and I decided that was going to be the theme in my kitchen. I found the perfect vintage cookie jar on ebay and I watched it til the end and won it for only $25 with shipping. I was thrilled....Until....I received it. It literally looks like it has been run over twice with a mail truck. (see the pics) I found another one just like it on ebay for $52 with shipping. I just cannot/will not do that. I sent the sender a very nice note explaining what had happened and I received a reply that said, "if it really looks that bad I'm sure they (the post office) will refund your money." What do you think does it really look that bad? Hello!!!

What the cookie jar is supposed to look like (pic from ebay not sure why it's only half there)

This is the largest piece now.

Here is a look at the box.

Pieces
I bought this little darling at an Antique Mall for only $2 he is sitting in my kitchen windowsill. I know it is random to put it in this post, but I had to have something positive!

I just wanted to cry when my mail lady handed me this mass of broken bits!

Have you ever had to file a claim with an ebay seller? Do you have any tips? I have been up to my P.O. three times now and I found out that because it was shipped from Canada there is nothing they can do. I have emailed the seller again and sent him the pictures. I'll let you know what happens.





1 comment:

  1. OH Heather. You must be sick. I have had to place claims with ebay before and found it a very easy process. I have received a full refund every time. Go check it out on their site.

    ReplyDelete