Friday, July 17, 2009

The Rest of the Story

Tuesday, before we went to the Antique Malls, J & Big Man went to get hair cuts. I stayed home getting ready to go, and while blow drying my hair, I noticed that I had not put earrings in for quite some time. I have had my ears pierced many times, starting when I was 12. I had never made it through the 6 week healing period to even change them. I had tried every kind of metal and stud, hoop, etc. with no success. Last year, I took one more stab at it, and amazingly I was able to have earrings!! The first several months, I had so much fun changing them every day and gathered up quite a collection. Then, I got lazy and Tuesday when I decided to wear them I could not get the earring through my right ear. I really got upset about this! I kept trying and trying and by the time J got there, I was a sweating, frustrated mess. I asked J & Big Man to pray and tried a few more times, I could not get it through! J offered to try for me and I thought why not, I really didn't think it was going to budge. Well, he very patiently worked at it until he got it through. I know this seems like a really little thing, but I don't know if I've ever loved him more. You see, I was supposed to be ready to leave and instead of being frustrated with me and trying to get me out the door, he slowed me down and did exactly what I needed. (he was rewarded with many kisses)

While I'm bragging on my men, I have to tell what Big Man did. He had earned $4 for extra chores the day before we went and J and I gave him an extra $6 just for fun. He was VERY excited to have that much money to spend. The first antique shop we stopped at, while looking to spend his money, he came across the "perfect gift" for his sister. He came to J & I, with his big green eyes shining and said he had to buy this PEZ dispenser for Doodle. It has a smiley face, which she loves, the base was bright green, her favorite color, and it came with some PEZ candy, she loves her some sugar. He found some other things that he loved for himself, but by far he was most excited for his sissy to come home, so he could give her his gift. He had this so built up that I didn't think she could possibly react big enough.

Well she did me proud and he was thrilled with her reaction. Below are some pic's of the gift giving. He wrapped the gift himself. He is such a sweet little guy!




I know that I am not much of a photographer, but if you ever want to see a photo better you can click on them to enlarge.

Have a fabulous Friday!

Heather Kay

4 comments:

  1. Aww! How sweet! God bless us every one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HK-

    This is so sweet. I am always amazed at the way my kids are during the Christmas season. From Thanksgiving to Christmas day all I hear is what I am going to give to so and so. Never what they would want. I always have to try to drag something out of them. Then when Christmas day rolls around they would rather give their gifts to others than get.

    It is so precious that your little ones are so loving and thoughtful toward each other. What a blessing for you and J.

    My Brianna has had that trouble with pierced ears, too. First she had them done when she was 3. She wore earrings with no trouble for a year. One night one of them fell out while she was sleeping and there was nothing I could do to get it back in. When she was 9 she asked again to have them done. Same thing. She wore them with no trouble for a very long time but a year or so later, she had them out for a short time and then she could not get them back in. We took her back to the dermatologist that did them and she said oh that happens some times, you must be a good healer. I can get them in for you. But try as she might they weren't going in. There was no infection or anything they just healed over. Dr. Ford offered to redo them but Brianna gave up and decided it wasn't worth the trouble to get them pierced again. My KK and I can go weeks or months and never have them close up. I have a second hole from when I was a teenager. I haven't worn earrings in those for more than 10 years. A few weeks ago I was curious if they would go in and they did...no trouble at all.

    I am glad it worked out for you and wasn't it a neat way for the Lord to give you and J. a way to bless each other that day?

    Kat

    ReplyDelete