Tuesday, July 14, 2009

James

I love the book of James in the Bible. When I am in between Bible studies, I typically turn there for a spiritual pick me up. (read, spiritual punch in the gut) I was reading there this morning and these verses are worth sharing!

James 3:16-18
"For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there. But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy. Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace."

Thinking of self=every evil thing (sin)
Wisdom from above (prayer & bible reading) =PURE PEACE

No choice necessary!

Blessings,
Heather Kay


3 comments:

  1. Great post! Thanks for the tip about James.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HK...those are fun initials. I thought I was alone in the clouds and rain. I have always, as you say, loved a good thunderstorm, especially when the power goes out (which it does alot here) and we light the candles. But praying through it is the best way to describe the cloudy days. I am glad to know I am not the only one!

    Thanks for sharing these verses this morning. It is amazing to think how often I hear people whine and complain about how they just want PEACE. They act as if it is so elusive when really it is so very simple. Put aside our selves and seek HIM. It is always a good reminder. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

    ReplyDelete