Saturday, May 2, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go AWAY

It has been raining here for the most part of this week. I am grateful to have the rain for my gardens, however, I am way past ready for a sunny day! It's Saturday and both of my kids spent the night at friends houses. So, J and I went out on a date and had a wonderful time last night. This morning the house is unusually quiet. I cleaned yesterday so I have some time on my hands. My normal Saturday morning thing would be to take off to some garage sales but I can't do that because of the RAIN.

So, I laid in bed late this morning reading. I love to read! I typically only read a book while I am going to sleep. I am always so tired that I often wake up with the book open in my hands and I have been sound asleep, with only a couple pages read. I tell you this to explain that I rarely read anything deeper than love stories or mysteries. I am just not awake enough to read anything very deep. So, I am going to put my book recommendations on here and other than the marriage ones they are for entertainment purposes only.

Here are some great marriage resources:

Love & Respect by Emerson Eggerichs
His Needs Her Needs by William F. Harley, Jr.
For Women Only by Shaunti Feldhahn
For Men Only by Jeff and Shaunti Feldhahn
The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman

Here are my favorite for fun authors:

Jan Karon, the Mitford series is by far my favorite reading material!
Karen Kingsbury (romance)
Lori Wick (romance)
Terri Blackstock (mystery)
Dee Henderson (mystery)

I would love to have some new recommendations! Please share your favorite author's with me.

Have a beautiful weekend, even if it is soggy like mine!

Blessings,
Heather Kay




1 comment:

  1. Soggy here too. Good Marriage books, I would include Made to by His Helpmeet by Debi Pearl. For fun reading Francine Rivers Lineage of Grace series, Joanne Fluke has fun bakery mysteries, Lynn Austin, Woman of the Bible by Ann Spangler...I could go on forever. Let me know if none of these do it for you. We are major readers and usually have more to read than hours in the day. Happy rainy day.

    ReplyDelete