Friday, May 8, 2009

Linguine with Fresh Tomatoes

I have been on a Linky kick this week, so, I will go ahead and finish strong. Gayle at The Grocery Cart Challenge has a weekly recipe swap and I thought I would enter my favorite pasta side dish. I often make this with some broiled chicken breasts and the whole family loves it.

Linguine with Fresh Tomatoes
adapted from Light & Tasty 2002 Annual Recipes

8 ounces uncooked linguine
1 small box grape tomatoes, sliced in half
6 green onions, sliced
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 tablespoons butter
olive oil to taste

About 30 minutes before I cook the pasta, I slice the tomatoes in half, lightly salt and drizzle some olive oil on them. This brings out their wonderful flavor.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Add onions, Parm. cheese, basil, garlic, salt and pepper to bowl with tomatoes. Drain pasta and toss with butter. (I add a little olive oil) Pour Tomato mixture over top of linguine, toss and serve while warm.

Quick tip: when a recipe calls for sliced green onions use your kitchen scissors and snip them, it is so much easier.

This recipe is soooo delicious!!

Have a great weekend!

Heather Kay

2 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious. I love to do tomatoes and basil together. I will look forward to trying when I get some nice garden tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete