Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I Am Like A Luna Moth

I do not claim to know much about Luna Moth's, as a matter of fact I googled, Luna Moth, this morning to make sure the spelling was right. I found this beauty on my sisters porch last night. I picked it up thinking it was dead and felt it quiver on my hand. I rode home with it on my hand, it was very still, but I could feel it quivering. When I was just about to pull into my driveway it sprang to life. It was flying around the car and I opened the door and it flew up, around and around, banging into things, and finally landed up here by the light.

I say that I am like this Luna Moth because I also am reaching for the Light. My chief desire is to follow my Savior throughout my life. However, like the Luna I sometimes fly round and round, bumping into things, and becoming dazed and quivering. Then He picks me up, waits patiently for my eyes to adjust, and helps me to get my bearings again.



John 8:12
Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world, He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life."

P.S. My daughter said that my readers are going to think I'm some kind of "animal nut" if I keep posting these pictures on my blog. I replied, "well I am".

Your friend,
The Animal Nut

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! But not half so beautiful as a woman after God's own heart. Keep following the light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful analogy. Great specimin, too. I am not sure that I've ever seen a luna moth, although if I had I probably would not have known, anyway. Your daughter sounds like some of mine:)

    ReplyDelete