Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My Favorite Chapter

My children and I have been studying through the books of Genesis and Exodus during our devotions each morning. We are learning about the tabernacle and it's furniture right now. I love how detailed God was in His direction. We finished a long, detailed chapter this morning and I was feeling a little overwhelmed by all the 50 of this, 40 of that. I knew my kids had probably zoned out a little while I was reading. I was going to read a little from the New Testament and when my son saw me flipping the pages he asked me to read my favorite chapter.

My favorite chapter in the Bible is Psalm 139. I cling to David's words, You search me and know me, You have hedged me before and behind, where can I go from Your Spirit?, I am fearfully and wonderfully made, marvelous are Your works, how precious are Your thoughts to me, O God, How great is the sum of them! Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; and see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

This covers a multitude of my insecurities. He knows me, my strengths, my weaknesses, my weirdness, my desires, my loves, and my dislikes, and HE LOVES ME. He sees what He created, and says it is marvelous. He thinks of me, knows my anxieties, convicts me of my wicked ways, and leads me in His way.

I love that my son knows this is my favorite chapter. It has brought me comfort, peace, and joy for many years. I know that it will do the same for him.

Do you have a favorite chapter? I would love it if you would share it in my comments!

Blessings,
Heather Kay

3 comments:

  1. My favorite chapter is currently Psalm 40 in The Message but it changes all.the.time.

    I am actually asking God to give me a "life verse" because I just think people who have those are super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psalm 27
    Whenever I'm worried or afraid I read this chapter over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Psalm 112...everytime I read it, it strengthens my faith! letsmakeadifference09

    ReplyDelete