Monday, April 27, 2009

Get Back On That Horse!

I wonder how many generations of my family have said, "well just go get back on that horse!" I'm not sure how long that expression has been around, but, I'm sure my father's side of the family has been using it ever since it began.

I can remember many lessons learned from my dad. He is a "do a job, do it right" kind of guy. I remember being offered pay to wax the tires on his sweet Torino, (hot rod) that job got boring and hard way before I was done. He lovingly, patiently, sat beside me and made me finish the job and do it right. That lesson has stuck with me. I just really can not do a job half way.

So, I was raised to believe that I could do anything I put my mind to. I wouldn't necessarily succeed the first time, but if I "got back on that horse" I would "get the job done" (right).

This week has been ridiculously insane. Of course Satan knew it would be and he always knows when to attack. I am not even sure how to put it into words for this post. I will just say that as well as recovering from the weekend company, getting ready for a garage sale, homeschooling the kids, lack of sleep, etc. etc. etc.. J and I came under major attack.

We are on the brink of getting back into ministry and I know that Satan does not want that. J is a very effective preacher and with his broken and humble spirit he will be a bigger threat than ever before. Without going into details, I just want you to know that our very marriage suffered a large blow this week. So I am pulling from my "roots" and "getting back on that horse" with my marriage and my blog.

J and I have been taking a 2 mile stroll in the evenings for a few weeks now. I love this time when we can just talk about our day and connect without any interruptions. Our walks this week have been times of reconnecting and repairing. I don't want to give the impression that a new sin or anything like that has happened. It has not. This was just some old baggage that had never been dealt with. It has taken me right back to the hurt and depression of 2 years ago. I am fighting to recover and ask for your prayers.

You see, just about the time I feel I am able to write this blog with victory over the past, Satan brings in his lies and schemes and tries to bring defeat. I want my writing to be honest. I want the pain and the victory to be up front. I want to be real. So I am sharing this with you today.

J and I are going to be better than fine. We are going to be great because the God we serve is bigger than all of this.

Yesterday, when we left for church, J left his Bible at home. This has NEVER happened before! He had my Bible during Sunday School and when he opened it, it fell open to Isaiah 12. I had underlined and circled verses 1-2.

Isaiah 12:1-2
"O Lord, I will praise You; though You were angry with me, Your anger is turned away, and You comfort me; Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; For Yah, the Lord, is my strength and song; He also has become my salvation."

These are the verses we are claiming!

Blessings,
Heather Kay

6 comments:

  1. Heather Kay~

    Thank you so much for your honesty. Satan knows when to attack. You are doing the right thing. Hold onto to truth and "get back on the horse". What else is there really??? When we think it all through that is all we can do. That is what shows Chirst's power working through us. Praying for you today.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. To borrow a line from an old Carman song, When the devil tries to remind you of your past, remind him of his future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denise and Sir,

    Thank you both for your comments! I really appreciate them!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry you have had such a tough week. I'll be praying for you. Philippians 4:8! Amen to what sir n-i said.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HK, I am praying for you tonight. Part of the material I just took a final on this evening was about Satan attacking. We covered the very ideas just a few weeks ago that you touch on here. Satan does try to attack us just before we enter into service for him so as to render us useless. Satan does try to bring up the past to distract us from the task that is at hand. AS you say, our God is greater than the deceiver cheap tricks. With Him, You and your good husband will be victorious! CP

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Sis and Chili,
    I really appreciate your prayers!
    HK

    ReplyDelete