Saturday, March 7, 2009

Grammar

Although I do not want my daughter reading this at this age, she will someday. I am hoping that knowing the whole story will help her understand what we went through a little bit better. She is eleven now.

I was thinking about my grammar yesterday and remembered why I can't figure out comma's. As I said I went to a christian school. We had the PACE system there. If your not familiar with that it is work on your own curriculum where you complete small books called paces. I had one pace with punctuation that I just couldn't get through my head. When you failed a pace you had to erase it and start over. I know I went through erasing that pace at least once. Then I started getting close to the test and I just knew I would fail it. The thought of erasing it was just too much.

At the time, the house I was in had those styrofoam tile drop down ceilings that you could lift up and replace. My sister and I shared a room, and I had figured out that I could lift those tiles and hide "important" stuff up there. Well I got to the end of one of those paces and just stuck it up there. Being the little liar I was I was very convincing that I had lost it. My parents searched everywhere and just couldn't find it. I was given another pace and towards the end of that one we were driving down the road during a Michigan snow storm and I had the window beside me down a crack. (This was normal because I get severe motion sickness) So I just slipped that sucker right out the crack while my mom was driving. Now my mom is one of those drivers who never takes her eyes off the road, so, that pace was searched for and never recovered. I am sure my parents had to know I was getting rid of them but they just couldn't prove it. My third replacement pace I took to piano lessons with me. My teacher had a waiting area that she could not see with a back door that we came in. During my sisters lesson I just snuck out back and buried that pace under the 3 feet of snow by her porch. My parents never found that one either. However, they must have put the fear in me because I did finally pass that test.

So please forgive my punctuation. Tomorrow I will interrupt myself again and tell the story of when I was finally broke from lying. (for the most part) I wound up with 8 hours of detention and a lot more consequences.

Blessings,
Heather Kay

2 comments:

  1. Heather, this story is amazing...I can't wait to keep up with it as it unfolds. Thanks for visiting my blog, I'm glad you liked the story. It was such a difficult thing to go through, as you know, but I'm so glad I went through it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theresa,
    Thank you so much for being my first follower. It is exciting to know that someone is reading!

    ReplyDelete